PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION TO PRAIRIE STONE
TMA Home | Public Transport to Prairie Stone | New Rail Lines | Annual Review | Useful Links
The transportation system at Prairie Stone is unprecedented for a suburban business park. A Transportation Center has been built at the Park Center to service the extensive transportation modes listed below. All services are coordinated by the Prairie Stone Transportation Management Association in conjunction with IDOT, RTA, PACE, METRA, CTA and CATS to make commuting to and from Prairie Stone as simple as possible.
· A fixed-route bus line (Pace Route 610) provides direct express service to/from Rosemont CTA Station (Blue Line), CTA 54th Avenue Station (Blue Line), Cermak Plaza Shopping Center, CTA Forest Park Transit Center, and Park-n-Ride West Point.
· More than Fifty Pace-sponsored van pools which currently service Prairie Stone from a variety of communities South, West and Northwest of the Prairie Stone Business Park.
· Residents living along the Milwaukee District West line or the Union Pacific Northwest line can arrive at the Bartlett or Barrington station respectively. Then, a group of 5 or more commuters can start a Metra Commuter Vanpool to complete their trips between the Metra station and work.
· Share the Drive by carpooling to work with others who also work in Prairie Stone. Save gas and money! Join a carpool today at sharethedrive.org
· METRA has proposed and is currently aligning its funding to interconnect the Elgin Joliet & Eastern Railroad and a proposed NW Corridor Line to O'Hare Airport at Prairie Stone. Plans are underway to locate a station on property and to service this station with an internal shuttle service. Utilization of the existing EJ&E rail line offers an extraordinary cost-effective north-south commuter link and access to O'Hare and into the City of Chicago will prove to be invaluable in accessing employees from around the region. Federal funding is being sought under the new TEA-03 reauthorization in Congress. There is unprecedented support from all communities on both the EJ&E Rail Line and the NW Corridor Line.
Route 610: Rosemont CTA Station (Blue Line)
Route 610 at www.pacebus.com | Full Schedule (pdf) | Route Map (pdf)
Check www.pacebus.com, or call Prairie Stone TMA at 847 732 1127, if you require additional information or assistance.
©2001-2012 PRAIRIE STONE All Rights Reserved